Business Development Manager - Georgia, South Carolina, or North Carolina
|Columbia, South Carolina - United States
$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|plus fixed bonus up to $30K, car allowance $950 a mo.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Client is a premier provider of engineer, GIS, design, and inspection for utility infrastructure and operations iin natural gas. They pursue sustainable, profitable growth, enabling the continued expansion of service offerings. Company growing year after year, nationwide.
Dynamic VP of Business Development, who is extremely transparent and someone who is looking to mentor and grow individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully represent positive growth of all Client Strategic Business Unit deliverables within the assigned territory.
- Engineering, Inspections, GIS, Software, as well as custom-tailored solutions that serve the common interests of Client and the client.
- Early identification of new business and growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales coverage plan for all existing and potential clients within the assigned territory.
- Conduct local and on-site “prospecting” activities to introduce new deliverables and/or reinforce existing Client capabilities.
- Develop an evergreen strategic account plan that transitions the customer from a price-based buyer to a value-based buyer of Client deliverables.
- Thoroughly qualifies, strategically pursues, and closes new business leveraging differentiated messaging.
- Leverages structured sales calls and value-based consultative-selling skills.
- Actively manages opportunities within the Client sales funnel system.
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Construction, GIS, or similar), Business, Marketing, or other undergraduate degree with an MBA
- At least five years of work experience in a technical field, gas distribution preferred OR a combination of education and experience
- High Emotional Intelligence - Emotional intelligence (EI) is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and the emotions of other people, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one's goal(s).
- Applicable industry knowledge – At least a minimal process understanding of the natural gas industry.
- Must meet geographical proximity requirements.
- High intelligence – Must possess the ability to manage complexity and continue growth of a $5M+ territory.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree