Sales Professional - Financial Planning Services
|, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity with a prestigious wealth management firm, known for excellence in its financial planning services. Sell quality product and enjoy collegial office culture and a top-tier benefits plan.
Sales Professional – Financial Planning Services.
New York, NY (on-site).
Requires: 3+ years of experience in wealth/investment management sales, proven sales and relationship-building skills.
Our client is a leading, award-winning fee-only wealth management firm, known for excellence in the financial planning field and its “client first” credo. The firm has an opening for an experienced, highly motivated sales professional with proven skills and the desire to market services that help others plan for and protect their financial futures.
Responsibilities of the Financial Planning Sales Professional:
The role is responsible for marketing the firm’s Financial Planning and Investment Management Services to qualified affluent prospects. This is accomplished with a 3-pronged approach:
- Generating a high volume of outbound activity to members of various professional organizations that the firm has partnered with.This includes approaching professionals to engage the firm to handle their Wealth Management needs throughout their entire career lifecycle. The Sales Professional is expected to qualify leads, develop rapport, understand their needs, provide initial insight, explain the service offering and subsequently engage them as clients through consistent interaction.
- Developing relationships with specialty groups who are interested in endorsing the company as a preferred wealth management provider to its members. These groups are valuable in creating lead-gen for the firm.
- Executing a successful business development plan to gather significant assets for the firm.
The Sales Professional role assumes total ownership of the new business cycle from initiation to closing. This includes:
- Identifying, engaging, and converting opportunities and prospects into clients.
- Effectively and efficiently create, build, and manage a pipeline.
- Provide continuous reporting of opportunities, activities, and results.
- Manage multiple points of contact within each prospective opportunity with a clear understanding of the key decision maker(s) and appropriate steps to close.
- Categorize and group prospects and create tailored action plans for each.
- Draw upon experiences and relationships to develop markets and build upon them to sustain long-term relationships.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of and intimacy with the company, its services and solutions, and its industry.
- Be a trusted advisor to each prospect and maintain a keen understanding and knowledge of his/her circumstances, needs, and motivations, and secure their business
Qualifications of the Financial Planning Sales Professional:
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience in wealth or investment management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree (MBA, etc.) and professional designation (CFP®, CFA, etc.) are a plus.
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, and pursue new business opportunities.
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with well-honed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from a broad group of constituents, building
continuous business relationships naturally in an engaging way within variety of settings, and develop them into opportunities
- Demonstrated track record in prospect engagement, pipeline management, and opportunity conversion.
- Proven experience in leveraging relationships and gaining trust internally and externally.
- Engaging, proactive, motivated and assertive personality.
- Proficiency with tools (CRM, Outlook, Word, etc.) including use of remote devices.
- Of the highest integrity and ethics.
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards, plus incentives. Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan, Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, FSA, Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), up to $400 for gym reimbursement.
Keywords: sales, RIA sales, financial planning, wealth management, investment services, investment planning, asset allocation
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree