Scala Developer - 90% Remote or Reloaction Paid
|Boston, Massachusetts - United States
$150,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Stock Options + Relocation Paid
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Generous Stock Options
- Multiple Positions Avaialble
- Relocation Paid
- Medical & Dental
- Company Lunches
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Hours
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Work From Home Options
- Referral Bonus
- Outings & Events
About The Role
Our client is a well-funded startup headquartered in the Northeastern US. Their mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Their cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
We are in search of developers who have experience delivering solutions running on JVM. If you have experience coding in Scala--or are willing to learn, then they can offer you an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing cloud-native technology company and make a real impact!
You’ll work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who are creating something truly extraordinary using already patented technology. Ideal candidates are people who love working on wonderfully interesting and--yes: hard problems! If you have a passion for cloud, distributed systems, databases, computer science, as well as delighting customers, we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala/Ruby.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mentality (or experience) taking full ownership for your features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Although your focus will be on the middle-tier and backend, you should still be capable of contributing as a full stack developer, as well as helping to mentor more junior developers.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Strong programming knowledge: you can thrive in a polyglot environment. An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught--if you’re interested in learning, they’re interested in teaching you!
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective products possible.
Pluses If You Have Or Are Willing To Learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (they anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
About Our Client
Our client is headquartered in Boston, MA. In addition to excellent benefits, they offer a competitive compensation, career growth, generous stock options, and a hybrid working model. Their culture has been described as a “we culture”--diverse, inclusive and open to fun! They have an awesome team that is building an amazing, successful product. Whoever you are and however you identify, we would love to hear from you. If this sounds like a role and a team that you'd be excited to join, please apply!
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree