|Boston, Massachusetts - United States
$100,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a biotech start up company specializing in ultra-rapid delivery of novel therapeutics to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Threy need a Scientist with solid pharmaceutical formulations experience who wants to be part of startup team.
Our client is a biotech company specializing in ultra-rapid delivery of novel therapeutics to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
They need a Scientist to work on platform delivery technology that enables the localized administration of therapeutics, including biologics and nucleic acids, in a formulation-independent. manner.
The Scientist needs to be highly motivated, driven, and collaborative with formulation development, drug delivery, and absorption testing expertise to contribute to the development programs.
The Scientist needs a successful track record driving development progress, independently design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments effectively report results while driving external drug product manufacturing.
- Short term focus on drug suspension, formulation development and characterization
- Design experiments assess impact of ingredients on physical properties
- Prepare samples for testing and/or analysis at outside laboratories
- Design experiments to assess drug delivery using in vitro (Franz Diffusion Cell) model
- Assess drug release in tissue/membrane and solutions using external analytical techniques
- Coordinate CDMO and consultant activities for outsourced studies
- Lead development, oversight for scale-up clinical and commercial external GMP drug manufacturing
- Specify and procure measurement and test equipment execute and document laboratory studies
- Prepare test formulations for and support preclinical studies
- Replicate, develop and test mechanical models for assessing formulations
- BS degree chemistry, chemical or biomedical engineering, Master’s or PhD degree a plus
- 5 years’ experience with hands-on bench-top chemistry in Pharma or Med Device
- Expertise drug development and CMC, batch scaling and release assays
- Familiarity with analytical tools: UV, spectrophotometer, HPLC
- Experience with tissue handling, storage, and preparation for experiments
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Contribute to authoring of SOPs, test reports, raw material specs, regulatory submissions.
- Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office products, MS Project a plus).
University - Master's Degree