Senior Accountant / Finance Manager
|Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - Australian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you an organised and motivated self-starter? Finance Manager needed to manage an established firm in the CBD. Flexible, 4 day week or 5 short days
- Established claims management firm, CBD location
- Busy role, lots of variety, friendly working environment, 4 day work week
- Great team culture, attractive six figure salary for the right person
A great opportunity has opened up for an organised and motivated self-starter to act as Finance Manager in this insurance and claims management firm in Sydney's CBD. The business was set up in 2016 and continues to grow with circa 20 staff in the office. Support is provided by two administrators.
This 4 day a week (or 5 shorter days) position involves looking after all the resources of the firm including assisting professional staff, finances, clients, suppliers facilities and general administrative tasks. You will ensure all divisions meet their financial obligations and ensure that the finance function, and the office more generally, is well run.
In order to succeed in this role as Finance Manager, you will undertake the following:
- Preparing super, payroll tax, PAYG and GST returns.
- Managing the Companies’ debtor collection process.
- Approving payroll and managing the HR system.
- Interacting with the front office to answer any billing queries.
- Authorising expenses and invoices for payment.
- Preparing accounting journals.
- Taking ownership of the company’s GST treatment authorising exempt supplies.
- Responsibility for the Australian Financial Services License and Law society Trust Account compliance.
- Assist the UK based financial controller with forecasts, plans and budgets.
- Liaise with the UK team and external auditors to prepare and complete the audit of the statutory accounts.
- Ensure adequate insurance is in place.
- You will have superior communication skills, be very well organised and be practical and sensible.
- You will have experience in a legal office and have the ability to deal with senior staff and lawyers.
- You will also have foresight thinking 'big picture'.
- Have a confident ‘can do’ approach.
- Have great organisation skills.
- Have ambition and drive to take full ownership.
- Have experience in a finance function in a senior accounting role or equivalent.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years