This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||New York - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||10% annual target bonus|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Located in Midtown NY, our client is the US arm of an international insurance company that has existed for over a century. The team in NY is dynamic and is experiencing tremendous growth in their business. This position is a vital member of the finance team and will have unlimited opportunity for advancement.
As part of the US financial operations team, the Senior Accountant reports directly to the US controller as a key stakeholder in the effective running of the day-to-day US finance disbursement operations. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the execution and administration of US disbursements and related reporting will be expected be the primary point of contact for the US in respect of disbursements and related treasury and banking activities.
Primary responsibilities are to include:
· Preparation and oversight of the expense forecasting and budget process, using discretion and independent judgement to develop appropriate for plans. Provide budget to actual analysis on a monthly basis.
· Preparation of certain bank reconciliations and review of bank requisition work performed by others for all US bank accounts.
· Perform reconciliations of expense accounts to ensure appropriate coding of cost centres and recharges.
· Key stakeholder in the treasury process, ensuring monthly operating cash flows are being monitored and planned for.
· Oversee the AP offshore team to provide support and guidance for remittance of all payment types (claims, AP, return premium, loss control).
· Ensure vendor records are complete including full name, contact details, postal address including country, bank details (including overseas bank details), and email address for remittance advice and vendor class.
· Manage the claims account to ensure adequate funds are available in respect of agreed settlement amounts.
· Maintain up to date professional expertise in the field of Accountancy, by amongst other things, attending seminars and networking events, continued study where appropriate and keeping abreast of any regulatory developments.
· Key stakeholder in the audit processes, ensuring all documentation requirements are met for expense and AP.
· Prepare, reconcile, invoice and settle intercompany related transactions.
· Primary day-to-day oversight for US credit card relationships.
Undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Position is not remote.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree