|Title:||Senior Applications Engineer - Kingston Ontario|
|Job Location:||, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||Healthcare, RRSP, Pension, Vacation|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
The Senior Applications Engineer guides our sales, technical support and specification engineers
in pre/post sales of commercial HVAC product. To include assisting in the product selection,
building application and code interpretation. His/her responsibilities include providing product
application support of our full product portfolio.
The successful candidate will perform the following in accordance with established Sales
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Answering our product application questions from customers and employees on the
proper application of our products.
2. Assisting the product development department team in creating new and revised product
3. Providing assistance with relevant code and standards that apply to our products and the
proper use of to achieve the design criteria of the standards.
4. Provide customer technical support in the set-up and configuration of our equipment to
specific job-site applications.
5. Assisting with training to the sales group and customers on the features and proper use
and application of product lines.
6. Quotations (New Part Number):
a. Review RFQ and clarify specifications
b. Product selection as required
c. Product pricing as required
d. Preparation of formal quotation document(s) and communication to CSR/client/
e. Maintenance of quote files
7. Software – Basic & Advanced
a. Train clients/ reps in use of CTC software
b. Run software applications for selected clients
c. Distribute software/ updates as required (requires approval from Sales Mgr.)
d. Maintain log of software distribution
e. Maintain log of reported bugs/ suggestions for improvement
8. Customer complaints and Service/Warranty issues
a. Review and clarify customer complaint and gather technical information relating
to original selection/ quotation
b. Communicate findings to Sales/Engineering/Quality Control
Engineering (BSME, BSEE) is preferred
Essential skills for this position include:
• Detailed knowledge of commercial HVAC applications (including heat load calculations
and equipment performance calculations)
• Previous commercial HVAC design experience (duct design, refrigerant piping, electrical
and psychometrics )
• Detailed 2-50 ton commercial HVAC application knowledge (direct expansion DX
rooftop units, air handlers and split systems)
• Strong math and mechanical knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to do presentations with internal
and external customers (technical and non-technical)
• Able to use Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or CAD software knowledge is a plus.
• Knowledge of building automation (BAS) controls is desired.
This is a diverse, challenging role that will require you to use your engineering and
communication skills to help customers successfully apply our commercial products.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree