|Greenville, South Carolina - United States
$65,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking an Senior Auditor to join a team of talented professionals in a best-in-class Internal Audit department!
This incumbent will manage and perform financial, operational, SOX and regulatory compliance audits in accordance with conventional department and professional audit standards throughout the corporation’s operating departments to ensure adequate internal controls are in place, maintained and functioning properly.
Senior Auditor - Critical Job Duties
- Maintain an understanding of the complete audit process including remaining well-informed about laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Perform financial, operational, compliance, SOX, and interim audits.
- Exercise sound judgment when detecting findings and associated risk exposures to ensure that the suitable information is conveyed to management and the Audit Committee in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform quarterly control analysis and high-level SOX testing.
- Audits conducted will:
- Appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operating controls
- Determine the extent of compliance with established Bank policies and procedures or regulatory mandates
- Ascertain the extent to which the Bank's assets are accounted for and safeguarded from loss, theft or destruction
- Determine the reliability data and other data developed within the organization that may impact financial reporting.
- Summarize all exceptions in a written final audit report to contain weaknesses in operating procedures and controls, recommendations for corrective action and executive leaderships response to rectify noted deficiencies.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as designated by the Internal Audit management.
Senior Auditor - Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong ability to follow and develop processes, and excellent business communication skills.
- Knowledge in either public accounting, internal bank audit, a regulator or examiner role, or in an insurance auditing environment are strongly preferred.
- CIA, CPA, or related certification preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in internal or external auditing or equivalent relevant position.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree