|Greenville, South Carolina - United States
$65,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Auditor - Overview
Supports the Executive Director of Internal Audit in role as a link to External Auditors and Examiners. The Senior Auditor will provide impartial assessment of corporate operations to support management in accomplishing mission critical assigned Audit responsibilities. Completes assigned audits. Partners with the Executive Director of Internal Audit and members of the Audit team to progress and implement effective risk-based audit programs as identified. Reviews audit work papers and report drafts for accurateness and comprehensiveness preceding ultimate review by the Executive Director of Internal Audit. Monitors the standing of audit recommendations and the appropriateness of supplement actions. Supports in execution of special investigations and ad-hoc projects.
- Reviews work papers and audit report drafts for accuracy and completeness prior to the final review by the Director of Internal Audit.
- Monitors the status of audit recommendations and the adequacy of follow-up actions.
- Acts as a resource to operational departments and retail offices.
- Communicates effectively with all levels in performing job responsibilities (external, employees, directors, managers).
- Assists the Director of Internal Audit in role as a liaison to external auditors and examiners.
- Continuing education is required to maintain certification. To keep abreast of changes in policy and procedures, in-house opportunities (actual classes or online learning) will be required as appropriate.
- Instructs and mentors junior audit staff as requested.
- Supports the Executive Director of Internal Audit to safeguard the judicious completion of the annual audit plan.
- Conducts audits and ad-hoc projects allocated by executive Risk leadership.
- Acquaintance with COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework and Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 required.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as an Internal or External Auditor
- Capacity to review and critique work papers and audit reports for completeness and accuracy
- Stable employment history
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Masters preferred but not mandatory
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or working towards obtainment of
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree