Senior CADD Technician
|Jacksonville, Florida - United States
$45,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Since 1977, our client's diversified staff of engineers, planners, technicians and specialists have been committed to successfully producing and managing projects for federal, state, and local governments, as well as clients in the private sector. Using the most current technologies, our client's design teams, managed with hands-on principal involvement, remain steadfast in their efforts to provide the highest level of technical service, while maintaining the strongest of ethical standards. The continued growth of our client's business had lead directly to the addition of a new Senior CADD Technician position.
The Sr. CADD Technician will produce accurate complex final design models and drawings with AutoCADD / Civil 3D and related software. This individual may also lead less experienced technicians and on occasion assist with determining appropriate workload and project modeling and drawing cost estimates.
- Through limited guidance from engineers and through participation in project meetings, perform basic engineering design of civil engineering site and utility plans, transportation design, planning, geotechnical and environmental report figures.
- For large projects, coordinate the design process between engineering groups.
- Perform, or assist engineers with computations of CADD modeling for plan and profile sheets, site and utility grades, and project quantities.
- Assist with display graphics and report figures.
- Assist with regular filing of large format drawings, both physical and electronic.
- Prepare and/or revise construction and planning documents as well as exhibits within company standards from redlines for a variety of projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with project to meet overall project objectives and deadlines.
- Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names, line and character styles, drawings and window names, and file names for sheet layout.
- Inform Project Manager(s) of progress on assigned projects and request work when needed.
- Associates Degree of Diploma in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design/Applied Science with a civil specialization or completion of a technical trade school in CADD, drafting or related firled of study.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as profitability and statistical analysis and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and angular relationships to practical situations
- Proficiency with and understanding of the civil engineering design process sufficient to perform initial or basic civil design with little guidance
- Ability to identify and resolve civil design conflicts
- Sufficient English skills to compose correspondence, proofread documents, and effectively communicate with staff and clients
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCadd Civil 3D, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel