|Title:||Senior C++ Engineer (19-889681)|
|Job Location:||Omaha, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$95,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER READY TO WORK AT AN INNOVATIVE COMPANY?
We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in C++ Firmware and knowledge of Linux. This client nurtures innovation and offers engineers the means for creating and implementing competitive solutions.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Research, design, implement, and test modules that are integrated in complex systems and interfaces such as cameras, scanners, and smart card readers.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to achieve solutions.
- Design software modules using innovative technologies proven to ensure security and reliability for the client systems.
- Use the latest Linux OS and use C++17 language to simplify threading implementations, optimize the code, and outcome external dependencies.
- Show exceptional problem-solving skills for maintaining, refashioning, and enhancing performance.
- Use reference IDEs such as CLion to facilitate software development and debugging.
- Strategically create and update unit tests suites to ensure source code quality and maintain system reliability.
- Take ownership in writing and reviewing design documentation, utilizing complex technical information, procedures, and specifications.
- Cooperate with the Quality Assurance team by reviewing test plans, and ensuring systems are both secure and reliable.
- Participate in daily scrums using an Agile Methodology.
Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in the computer technology field (or equivalent background);
- At least 6 years experience including:
- Proficiency in C++ and Object Oriented Design
- Unit Tests using any major testing framework (CppUnit)
- Excellent understanding of version control / pull requests / code reviews (GIT)
- Experience in working in a continuous integration environment
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system, scripting language (Linux shell), build process, and development tools (cmake, gdb)
- Good knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous I/O communication
- Experience with thread implementation and synchronization
- Experience troubleshooting complex architecture
- Experience with digital image processing and image recognition
- Ability to collaborate with a multifunctional team
- Ability to analyze complex problems and design, implement, and test appropriate solutions to problems
- Ability to document and communicate technical information
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree