Senior Electrical Engineer with Medical instrument company
|Lake Forest, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
|bonus, excellent benefits,
full relocation available
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leading medical device company with innovative ophthalmic technologies.
We are working with them to hire electrical engineers for their collaborative team.
- This position develops electronics integrated into innovative, world-class, industry-leading ophthalmic instruments as a member of a collaborative high-performance project team.
- Participates in product specification definition and hardware architecture.
- Responsible for the design and development of general-purpose analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Responsible for the design and development of control systems used in the positioning of optical and Opto-mechanical sub-systems and in Optical Coherence Tomography(OCT).
- Responsible for the development and integration of power supplies, instrumentation, and host computers.
- Participates in the development of embedded hardware using microcontrollers and CPLDs.
- Understands EMC/EMI and safety regulatory requirements, medical equipment is plus
- Designs for manufacturability and product life cycle support.
- Defines and executes design verification plans.
- Participates in and holds design reviews supporting electronic hardware development
- Uses analysis and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate English
- 2 Years of Relevant Experience. Candidates with 5 or more years of related work experience will be given priority
- Understands EMC/EMI and safety regulatory requirements for medical equipment
- Design and development of:
- General purpose analog and digital circuits and systems
- Control systems used in the positioning of optics, opto-mechanics, and in OCT
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree