Senior Electrical Engineer
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The engineer selected for this position will play a key role in the growth strategy for firm's Atlanta office. You will have the opportunity to lead the electrical design on projects as well as have the chance to work with electrical design staff across the firm. You will be responsible for working with Project Managers, Senior Engineers and other Project Engineers to develop design concepts and to execute detailed design documents. Company has a very successful electrical engineering practice in building systems design, with a focus on mission critical facilities, plus a specialty in medium voltage campus distribution and microgrid design.
Come join the team and help us grow. You will experience a diversity of projects and clients, giving you opportunity to increase your skill set.
Field knowledge of medium voltage and low voltage electrical distribution systems is required. Familiarity with system modeling software (i.e. ETAP, SKM) is required, as is knowledge and application of sustainable design practices. Federal government design experience is a plus.
- Provide engineering design for bulding projects for federal, municipal, university and industrial clients
- Provide engineering oversight and direction to a team of junior engineers and designers
- Provide leadership and training to design team members under your direction
- Write technical specifications for building systems equipment
- Support construction and commissioning activities for building system projects
- Develop models of power systems and perform detailed calculations, coordination studies, and arc flash hazard assessments
- Create schematic diagrams such as one-lines and riser diagrams, control system wiring diagrams, and network connection diagrams
- Perform detailed field data collection as required for renovation projects
- Communicate project information to project manager, design and construction team members, and clients
- Be responsible for quality and accuracy of your work as well as the work of design team members under your direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited institution
- Professional Engineer licensed in Georgia, or reciprocity in 3 months
- Functional knowledge of Revit is required; AutoCAD and Microstation experience is a plus
- Minimum 7 years in design of complex building electrical and controls systems
- Detailed understanding of three phase power systems and how they are applied in buildings which require high levels of reliability
- Detailed understanding of modern lighting systems, with a thorough knowledge of the recent developments with LED technology
- Detailed understanding of modern networking and communications systems
- Detailed understanding of controls systems and their application in modern buildings for the purposes of managing energy consumption
- Detailed understanding of ancillary building systems such as fire alarm, access control, video surveillance, mass notification, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of power system coordination techniques and arc flash assessments
- Experience with power system modeling software such as SKM and ETAP
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Prior consulting engineering experience is preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree