Senior Field Applications Engineer, China
|Shanghai, Huangpu - China
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A leading GaN international power semiconductor company that focuses on automotive and industrial applications.
- Provide technical support to customers in Mainland China and Taiwan.
- Work closely with sales and marketing in pre-sale and post-design win activities to achieve team goals.
- Guiding customer designs from concept to simulation to schematic, layout and prototype power up.
- Provide on-site support to customers to debug and to help customer achieve successful product launch.
- Work on demo boards and benchmarking competitive solutions.
- Technical training to customers and distribution FAEs.
- Work closely with sales and distributors to present and engage with new customers.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences to do presentations and booth duty to support promotion of products.
- Feedback new customer requirements and market trends to marketing for new products.
- Manage and operate the Shanghai Lab and the company’s China WeChat account.
- Report directly to VP Sales APAC.
- To be based in Shanghai or Shenzhen.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronics/Power Electronics or equivalent. Master degree is a plus.
- 5 years+ in R&D or applications, in medium/high power AC-DC/DC-DC/DC-AC power conversion, previous FAE experiences preferred.
- Experience with power supplies for Telecom and Server. Experience with OBC, DC/DC and traction inverter for xEV preferred.
- Deep knowledge of basic topologies of power electronics: Buck, Boost, LLC, Totem pole PFC, DAB.
- Knowledge of power device performance and its features, ex. GaN, SiC, IGBT, MOSFET.
- Familiar with the use of layout/simulation software programs.
- Proficiency with power lab test equipment and hands-on skill to solder SMT components on PCBs.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven and self-motivated to operate in dynamic start-up in a stand-alone role.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% within China.
- deep knowledge of high-power electronics and its applications, with experience in Electric Vehicle or automotive applications.
- Be self-motivated, have good people skills and collaboration skills.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree