Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
|San Antonio, Texas - United States
$90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
San Antonio is a growing metropolitan community within State income tax free Texas! Currently rated as the #13 best place to live (#4 in the American Southwest) the city offers a thriving business district, tremendous social and entertainment options and excuisite dining options both locally developed and imported.
Serves as key contributor in preparation and delivery of financial statements and regulatory reports and analysis used by internal and external stakeholders to meet regulatory and compliance reporting requirements. Proven ability to perform appropriate research, prepare and review complex financial and regulatory reports, solve problems and completes significant business and operational analytics while adhering to internal controls over financial reporting. Supports audits and examinations and interacts frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Develops and implements processes to facilitate the end-to-end delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting to include Bank Holding Company reporting, Enterprise GAAP reporting, P&C and Life Insurance STAT reporting, and / or investment reporting.
- Acquires and applies demonstrated knowledge of appropriate and applicable industry practices and USAA business and products relevant impacting the financial statements.
- Applies professional skepticism to Interpret and understand financial results and regulatory information as well as business and financial statement interrelationships, and provide informed, proactive analysis and business insights for analytical review to enable effective decision-making for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Prepares and reviews complex financial and regulatory reports in addition to audited statements and support schedules.
- Performs procedures and identifies and implements improvements in accordance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Interacts regularly with management, regulatory agencies, and business partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury, compliance and legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate discussion and execution of requisite actions.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets new, proposed and changes to financial reporting requirements to determine the impact to USAA.
Serves as an advisor to management and serves as valued and trusted resource to team members as well as a mentor to peers and team members.
Drafts and delivers disclosures, technical memos, and delivers presentations and other supporting documentation
- Partners with areas across the enterprise to ensure correct and timely receipt of supporting information.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance of processes, procedures, tools and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years experience preparing and delivering financial statements and regulatory reports in the financial services industry, Bank Holding Company or relevant work experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications including Excel;
- 4 years experience conducting research and preparing business and operational financial analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration (MBA).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Bank call report experience.
- Bank holding company and broker-dealer regulatory reporting experience.
- Ability to coordinate and work closely with other impacted business units, including the lines of business, legal and compliance.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree