Senior IT Application Developer
|Irving, Texas - United States
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Position and Scope
The Senior IT Application Developer will leverage the company internal resources as well as strategic 3rd party IT Partners to deliver the Strategic IT initiatives and corresponding solutions. The individual in this position must remain continuously aware of business, technical, architecture, and infrastructure issues and drive the development of creative IT solutions for the business. This individual will be called upon to work with the IT development resources as an SME and trusted technical advisor, both on-shore and off-shore, and agile teams. The Senior IT Application Developer will work with internal and external resources to define, communicate, and deliver the defined product backlogs in the IT roadmap. The Senior IT Application Developer is a part of the IT Leadership team and is expected to take initiative and be proactive in anticipating and solving problems in IT Application Development.
- Lead aspects of technical delivery teams of application development as an SME
- Provide input as a trusted advisor to the Director of IT, Application Development
- Take initiative and ownership of issues as they arise and be proactive in solving issues
- Be visible to development teams and trusted as a leader in IT to resolve technical conflicts
- Partner continuously with technical partners to deliver and mature the application roadmap.
- Adhere to strong development process rigor with team, following best practice for Agile Development and champion continuous improvement
- Facilitates in Solution Demo and program planning and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Removes roadblocks to progress from a technical perspective, acting as an arbiter of development conflicts
- Manage production support escalations
- Maintain system hygiene and adhere to compliance/regulatory processes
- Coordinates the resources to deliver the priorities of the DevOps backlogs and according to the agreed architectural standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Contributes to product design, based on delivery complexities and understanding of overall solution delivery challenges, working with Head of IT Architecture
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) preferred
- Experience designing and building solutions with modern technologies and processes in Cloud Environments
- Experience managing development teams, priorities and resolving conflict from clashing requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Software/Application Development Skills in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines required
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment pertaining to software design, operating procedures and projects
- Ability to understand long-term and short-terms perspectives of situations
- Calm and collected in pressure situations
- Ability to manage business and technical relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, communication
- Strong organizational and personal project managements skills
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 10+ years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
- Experience managing development teams and resources in a hybrid on-shore/off-shore model
- Scrum / Agile Management
Technology Stack – Experience in one or more expected:
Technology Stack – Applications & Infrastructure (Azure +)
- .Net core (Model-View-Controller)
- Angular JS
- Azure SQL
- MySQL VM
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Functions
- Azure App Services
- Azure Enterprise Integration Architecture
- Azure Active Director
- Azure DevOps + Continuous Integration
- Azure App Insights
- Azure Keyvault
- MS Dynamics
- Power Shell
- Magento eCommerce (Enterprise V2)
- Azure Networking / Network Security (VPN, Web Application Firewall)
- Web Application Firewall
- Apple ios, Android
Technology Stack – Desktop and Collaboration
- MS Exchange
- MS SharePoint
- MS Teams
- Windows 10
- Lead by Example – Leads from the front, modeling the desired behaviors to the teams.
- Takes Ownership of Problems – Takes ownership of problems and drives them to successful conclusion.
- Proactive – is proactive and anticipates problems and issues that affect the business, working to resolve problems before they become visible.
- Record of Success – Proven track record of impacting results throughout career by being the best at what you do and making unique contributions.
- Collaborative – Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making. Excellent organization and decision-making skills that engage colleagues to make joint decisions and bring people together across boundaries to achieve results.
- Innovative – Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set the Company apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance.
- Pragmatic – Does not reinvent the wheel once something works and figures out how to scale processes and practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Pride of Authorship – Intrinsically cares about the quality of their work. High attention to detail.
- Flexible and Resourceful – Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day and necessity is the mother of invention. Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines and help their team adapt to changes in business priorities and focus areas.
- Transparent – Understands that improvement only occurs when you acknowledge problems and mistakes and works openly to address them.
- Communicative – Excellent oral and written communication; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that established rapport and gains understanding. Listens well and easily gains people’s trust.
- Dynamic – Proven set of leadership skills that can attract, develop, and energize multidiscipline, high-performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs.
- Perfectionist – Very strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal with complex and demanding issues that address root cause issues. Understands that perfection is a journey, not a destination.
- Business Focused – Understands that IT exists within a business context.
- Minimal travel required; scheduled hours are 40 to 50 hours in office per week Monday through Friday but may be extended as required to execute the tasks assigned.
- Daily lunches provided in the office!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other benefits for full-time employees.
- 15 days of Paid Time Off and Company Holidays.
- Other excellent health and wellness benefits in line with our business.