Senior IT Business Consultant Epic Beaker -(Lab Systems)
|Zanesville, Ohio - United States
$70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Senior IT Business Consultant Epic Beaker Lab Systems
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -750/ month.
Lab and/or Epic Beaker experience is required
Coordinates the efforts of corporate management in defining organizational goals and develops systems and procedures to achieve these goals.
Manages complex IT projects, builds and maintains IT systems, works with customers to identify needs, select and acquire systems and develop plans that will lead to more profitable, effective and efficient operations or systems solutions.
Lab and/or Epic Beaker experience is required
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of team members including prioritization of work, coordination of resources, and meeting plans.
- Ensures completion and high quality of deliverables assigned to the team including but not limited to, project plan, design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plans.
- Supports the project management office with design documentation, build audits, testing plans and scripts, training curriculum and activation plans.
- Ensures deliverables are approved by the appropriate users and are completed in accordance with the plan.
- Coordinates quality assurance and reviews final product for identified functionality and completeness.
- Manages identified issues by the project team and brings to resolution, escalates non-resolved issues to the Project Manager.
- Coordinates team activities with other project teams to integrate work and system design, build, testing, training, and go-live.
- Applies application experience and training to team tasks and deliverables.
- Reviews regular status reports from team members and consolidates for Project Manager.
- Provides application product function, design, and build expertise and experience needed for successful product implementation.
- Develops, and maintains documentation and procedures, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate.
- Conducts regular team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
- Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
- Primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
- Develops and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly.
- Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents to ensure proper system configuration.
- Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
- Provides expertise to the development of activation plans, application activation tasks, and production environment readiness.
- Logs, tracks, analyzes and resolves issues such as software code modifications or enhancements and software code implementations.
- Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site.
- Provides on-call support and troubleshooting via phone, remote dial-in or on-site if necessary.
- Remains current on information technology principles, concepts, practices and technologies.
- Implements, maintains and follows established security measures and protocols.
- Performs the necessary investigation and analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Effectively and proactively manages all phases of system selection/implementation by coordinating resources and providing project management for the identification of needs, acquisition or design and implementation of new system solutions.
- Gives advice to clients on implications of a requested change and/or an alternative solution that may better address the requirement.
- Provides business/technical representation to the enterprise including future directions, how that direction impacts the enterprise, and how current and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Utilizes and follows the project management methodologies and protocols established by IT.
- Participates with vendors in the assessment of new systems and technologies that meet the requirements of the enterprise
- Associates degree in computer science, management or an IT-related discipline or equivalent experience required.
Appropriate certifications must be completed and may include Epic or other applications as assigned by manager.
Competencies for applications other than Epic must be met/maintained and will be tracked by manager/director.
- Four years project management experience in systems analysis, system design and/or computer system project management.
- Healthcare application design, build and implementation experience required.
- Experience with large enterprise system projects and supporting and maintaining large, complex information system software.
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills required.
- Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a working knowledge of mini-computers, client-server, personal computers and networks.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and team leadership abilities.
- Capable of working with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years