Senior Industrial Project Manager
|Detroit, Michigan - United States
$100,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Arcitectual or MEP firms
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Industrial Sr. Project Manager holds overall responsibility for assigned projects of high scope and complexity or multiple clients/projects at the same time. Duties include planning and executing a specific project plan, delivering quality products and services to the client in a timely manner, proactively managing project financials, and serving as the primary contact between the firm’s project team and the client. Serves as a trusted advisor on engineering matters to the client and external team. Ensures that projects are executed according to the plan and is responsible for the results of assigned projects. Provides oversight, leadership and mentoring to Project Manager I and II on their assigned projects. The Senior Project Manager ensures that projects are executed according to the plan and is responsible for the results of assigned projects (Total Project Success).
- Confirms the project scope and requirements with the client.
- Works closely with the Client Relationship Manager (CRM)
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects of high scope and complexity
- Leads project kick off meetings to convey project scope of work to the design team
- Assists with estimating project cost and man-hours associated with the scope of work for the project.
- Supervises the job close out process to ensure documentation, filings, and project debriefs are complete
- Works alongside and engages with the CRM or Location Leader to increase knowledge of project scope, budgeting, and revenue projections
- Develops the project staffing plan and preliminary man-hour budget with the CRM, Department Head, or Works with design team to confirm a final man-hour budget based on scope of work
- Operations Director as applicable
- Keeps client informed as to schedule expectations and, with team input, proposes interim milestones to the schedule for proper information flow, adjusting as necessary throughout the project
- Ensures project documentation is completed and appropriately stored
- Identifies and administers fees for additional services as needed
- Aware of problems or risks regarding firm’s quality, schedule or financial goals of the project; with assistance can determine the cause of problems and communicate the issue with the design team
- Prepares and implements a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Actively attends internal and external training and other educational opportunities to obtain knowledge in necessary technical areas; exhibits competency in their own technical discipline
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Construction, or Civil Engineering and 15 years of relevant working experience with advanced knowledge in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 15 years’ experience in project management/execution with an understanding of standard project management processes/procedures
- Experience in working with Chemical, Renewables, Petroleum Clients, or Food Manufacturing (preffered) construction of mid-size industrial plants, or power stations will be advantageous
- Proven leadership as a trusted advisor to clients
- Demonstrated, consistent ability to manage projects of various size and complexity
- Expertise in proactively managing project financials with minimal oversight
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree