|Dubuque, Iowa - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Technical Inspector
Location: NW Illinois
Compensation: $89k - $110k / year + 18% bonus
This position is responsible for on stream inspections of critical equipment and machinery and to make downtime inspection of the process unit piping and equipment to assure process reliability and safe and continued operation of the nitrogen fertilizers facility. Accountabilities include record creation and retention, establish and predict replacement requirements and modifications, to inspect repairs and modifications for compliance with governmental and industrial codes and laws. Direct, supervise contract inspection resources.
What you get to do:
- Determine serviceability of piping, vessels, towers, heaters, exchangers, boilers, and any other critical process equipment. By visual, ultrasonic, x-ray, dye penetrant testing and magnetic particle inspection of equipment
- Maintain and monitor Ultrapipe Corrosion Computerized monitoring system employing U.T. on corrosion rates, inspection dates and retirement prediction of plant equipment. All subsequest U.T. inspections will be entered into the program along with pressure, temperature, service, material and minimum thickness.
- Maintain and update mechanical integrity documents and files in a well-organized manner
- Oversee contractor weld procedures and test welders
- Maintain Positive Materials Program employing alloy maps of the equipment and piping systems.
- Perform vendor shop inspections and provide onsite project inspections on a daily basis
- Maintain communication with Contractors, maintenance, Construction, Operations and Engineering on various matters including inspection/code requirements, condition of equipment, workmanship that does not meet requirements, and recommendations regarding repair of equipment or poor workmanship
- Must be able to make recommendations on shutdown of equipment and piping due to corrosion and serviceability
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as an API fixed equipment inspector in a heavy industrial environment (refining, petrochemicals) and have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of process maintenance procedures including safety procedures involving repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Must be certified in Level II NDT and possess all relevant API Inspection Certifications.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software, API standards and ASME Codes, PCMS Program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and extensive computer skills
- Must be able to operate NDT equipment, UT, PT, MT and VT and interpret Radiographic Film
- Must be able to read and draw isometric drawings.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment involving climbing, confined spaces, etc.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree