Senior Instrumentation Engineer
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
$110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Benefits & Some Target Bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a world scale methanol production facility located in Beaumont, Texas. They began operations in June 2018 and is the most efficient and largest methanol production facility in the US, producing over 1.7 million metric tons per year.
Job Summary / Overview
The Senior Instrumentation Engineer will be responsible for establishing the reliability of instrument assets at optimal cost. They will develop and implement comprehensive Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy through actions that support achievement of plant goals, objectives, and key performance metrics. He or she recognizes and acts on opportunities to ensure and/or improve safe, reliable and cost-efficient plant operations.
This role requires diverse knowledge and experience in maintenance, engineering, proactive maintenance system development, and project management.
The position will help develop a reliability strategy that includes: long/short term objectives, reliability engineering, instrument integrity management interaction (PSM), predictive & preventive maintenance plans and strategies, input/guidance on budget & cost control (OPEX / CAPEX), directing maintenance & contractor activity oversight (repair/overhaul), contractor strategy & performance input, spare parts recommendations, equipment data management, and mentorship to employees concerning equipment reliability.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
- Develop plant equipment reliability procedures that focus on employee safety guided by equipment industry best practice.
- Provides input on work prioritization of plant equipment repairs to meet site objectives and goals.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure Instrument Integrity program is in compliance with OSHA requirements and Company policies.
- Provide instrument technical support to Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, Inspection, Process and Project personnel regarding selection, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and long-term reliability of plant equipment.
- Support to area(s) including: PM/PDM programs, maintenance benchmarking activities, and implement and share Strategic Maintenance Performance Metrics to improve cost productivity, plant reliability, and achieve "World Class" maintenance excellence.
- Lead document reviews, performance testing and shop inspections for instrument equipment.
- Lead team effort for the continuous improvement of equipment reliability through the development and application of effective reliability strategies such as: risk-based maintenance strategies, identification & assessment of risks, root cause and bad actor analysis, and spare parts reviews.
- Participate on pre-commissioning and commissioning activities that includes witnessing equipment installation for capital projects.
- Provide team input on the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Lead RCA/RCFA investigations on premature equipment failures as needed.
- Lead team equipment capabilities to partner with equipment vendors and repair shops to resolve technical issues or complex equipment repairs.
- Support for development and implementation of effective programs for training employees.
- Work with maintenance and procurement teams to develop contact list and relationships for turnaround contractors and repair facilities.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrument, Controls or Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum ten (10) years related experience required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a process plant environment required.
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEC, NFPA, ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, etc.) required.
- Experience in specifying, installing, testing and commissioning of various instrument equipment (eg. flow, level, temperature, pressure, density, conductivity, pH)
- Experience working with predictive maintenance tools preferred.
- Experience in training/mentoring technicians preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication.
- Customer service.
- Ability to apply knowledge of materials management concepts and techniques.
- Project management skills – ability to perform sound analyses on projects.
Tools / Equipment
- Copy Machine
- Telephone system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Microsoft Project and either SAP or Maximo working experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
- Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
- Majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment – such as computers, telephones and copiers.
- Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
- Noise levels are typically moderate.
- Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- May work longer hours to meet deadlines as necessary or to support facility emergencies.
- Less than 10% of the time.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, tasks, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the employer reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. In compliance of ADA regulations, the employee must be able to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation in a satisfactory manner, further accommodations shall not be made if it constitutes an undue hardship on this organization.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree