Senior Interaction Designer UX/UI
|Palo Alto, California - United States
$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
My client is an fantastic global Business Intelligence organisation. Their head office is in Palo Alto. They also have offices in Denver, Brisbane Australia and Austin Texas.
They have been looking for a Senior Interaction Designer and have asked us to help with this search.
The role requires a Designer with 10+ years of UX/UI exp, Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, CS, Design (Education in Fine Arts or painting or communication is not preferred). Experience with Enterprise applications/Saas preferred. Please send over candidates who have a Bachelors degree but also excellent portfolios – enterprise web apps, not mobile apps.
The job skills required for the Interaction Designer are:
- Drive key interaction design initiatives by engaging and collaborating with business stakeholders (product management, engineering and business) to translate business, end user and technical requirements into UI prototypes
- Produce superlative interaction designs—from concept to execution in an agile product development environment
- Facilitate design brainstorming sessions and build consensus around design vision with product development stakeholders
- Conduct user research, coordinate usability-testing efforts, interpret test results, effectively communicate findings, and incorporate results into design efforts
- Contribute to corporate UX guidelines, standards and patterns
- Work closely with product development team members to ensure technical development adheres to UX design vision
- 7+ years design work on consumer-friendly interactive experiences – desktop, web and mobile
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing interaction design work for desktop, web, and mobile devices
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, CS, Design or related field, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related business and design tools
- Experience with motion graphics and HTML/CSS prototyping
- Deep understanding of fundamental interaction design disciplines (information architecture, user personas, storyboarding, wireframing, rapid prototyping, etc.)
- A keen understanding of social design language and patterns
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple UX/UI concepts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to present work to executives and large product teams
- Previous experience working in an Enterprise SaaS environment and/or a dynamic start-up is a plus
- Designing iOS and Android apps is a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree