|Title:||Senior Java Software Engineer(19-908989)|
|Job Location:||Omaha, Nebraska - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Unique and exciting position for an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer! If you are a thoroughly competent Java software development professional with experience using commercial software development processes and procedures, join a team at a great company where you can make a difference in the city you call home!
Local and midwest candidates preferred
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Software Engineer:
- Timely delivery of high quality software components from a set of requirements.
- Support production level software at an expert level.
- Management of complex software products in a high-tech environment.
Qualifications of the Senior Java Software Engineer:
- Expert level Java programming language experience.
- Additional demonstrated skills with C++, Installshield, Windows services, Java Swing, and client/server architecture are very highly recommended.
- Expert in the use of relational databases and SQL development, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Good understanding of install and general maintenance issues.
- Proficient and familiar with security and encryption best practices.
- Proficient with unit testing and Quality Assurance processes.
- Significant experience and knowledge of industry standard software development methodologies like Agile methodologies.
- Proficient with one or more of the Integrated Development Environments for Java development, such as Netbeans or Eclipse.
- Proficient in the use of build and source code control tools and processes like Subversion, Git and Mercurial.
- Construct, update, and maintain design diagrams and documents as required. A demonstrated understanding of UML and experience with modeling tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect or Rational Rose is also a plus.
- BS with 5 years’ experience or MS with 1 year experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems required. Equivalent industry experience will be considered on a 2 year for 1 year basis, in lieu of education requirements.
- Must have significant hands-on software development experience, preferably with a variety of high and low-level programming languages, and operating environments.
- Familiarity with business analysis processes is highly desired.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree