Senior Loan Servicing Specialist - ONSITE - 4 OPENINGS
|El Monte, California - United States
$70,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Headquartered in California, we a top-performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With total assets over $52.2 billion, we’re ranked among the top 25 largest banks by asset size in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes magazine as one of “America’s Best Banks.”
The Loan Servicing Specialist Senior is responsible for the more complex activities within Loan Servicing with all related research and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The position has responsibilities to provide coverage for most Loan Servicing activities to cover for peak volume and staff coverage. The position may include responsibilities for the troubled debt transaction processing including restructuring, charge-off, non-accrual and shadow accounting. Responsibilities include research and monitoring in any of the activities relating to Loan Servicing.
- Provide coverage for all Loan Servicing positions to cover for peak volume and staff coverage.
- Process all activities related to Loan Sales and Purchases, this includes being liaison with Treasury and Loan Operations and settling the transaction
- Process charge-off entries and its related entries to ensure proper shadow accounting in the bank’s G/L and loan recoveries.
- Monitor on-going Loan ticklers and process necessary transactions and maintenance to ensure data integrity and proper accounting for the loan terms and conditions.
- Monitor on going exception reporting related to Fees, Billing, loan structure, Credit Bureau reporting, etc.
- Research complex transactions related to activity impacted by highly regulated processes, such as; SBA, Credit Bureau reporting, Accounting principles, etc. .
- Research complex transactions in response to examiners inquiries
- Respond to all customer inquiries with dispute to Credit Bureau, and other elements related to the loans.
- Reconstruct loans with customer and/or banking officer dispute.
- Provide guidance to junior loan servicing specialist to process loan adjustments or may process upon research result.
- Design training requirements for new Loan Servicing Specialist at all levels
- Provide guidance and training to other Loan Servicing Specialist
- Provide guidance to System Administrator to ensure bank control has proper set up for fees, Note Type, Credit Bureau Reporting, etc. for proper reporting and servicing of loans.
- Create Management reports as requested
- Review existing procedures and enhance/create as necessary to ensure on going compliance
- Perform User Acceptance Testing on the loan System based on new products and/or processes
- Work on special projects as assigned by Manager related to the Data Accuracy and accurate compliance requirements.
- Maintain knowledge for all regulatory requirements applicable to the job, this may include and is not limited to; Bankruptcy, SCRA, FCRA, BSA/BO, etc. and ensure compliance with all applicable procedures, State and Federal laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting Degree preferred, or equivalent work related experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Loan Servicing Industry
- Knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC Laws/Regulations, understand how these obligations relate to his/her role, and comply with these laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Credit Bureau Reporting
- Loan system experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize and maintain a high volume work environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and perform in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build effective relationships as needed to effectively address issues and obstacles
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree