Senior Network Engineer
|Fairfield, Connecticut - United States
$130,000.00 - $145,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Outstanding Corporate Benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an energized technology company highly respected in the multi-media industry. Due to continuing rapid growth they are seeking a skilled Senior Network Engineer with strong technical analysis ability and deep knowledge of routing and hardware
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Join highly technical product company with challenges & rewards
- Be part of a well-functioning, knowledgeable Network team
- Enjoy outstanding corporate benefits, reasonable scheduling
- Analyze and resolve complex routing issues and other networking issues
- Provide technical expertise to resolve various and complex networking issues in this technology-dependent company
- Provide recommendations on new networking technologies advantageous to this environment
- Partner effectively with vendors to diagnose and recommend resolutions for scalability and other issues.
- Ensure all hardware is running within specified parameters and complete upgrade tasks
- Work with security devices to deploy ACLs, VPNs, and IDS/IPS services
- Senior-level network knowledge and skill with routing, internet technologies, and security.
- Strong knowledge of most of the following: Cisco NX-OS, ASAs, Palo Alto, Juniper, HP Comware series devices
- Good understanding of BGP and knowledge of route-maps & traffic engineering
- Good security experience with ACLs, IPsec, SSL, traffic inspection, and next-gen security techniques
- A working understanding of most of the following networking technologies: MSTP, 802.3ad, OSPF, route reflectors, confederations, HSRP, BFD, IPv6, FIB/RIB, distributed forwarding, Netflow, AAA, layer 2 switching, QoS.
- Preferred: scripting ability with Perl, PHP or other shell scripting is preferred
- Preferred: automation systems such as Ansible, Git, Salt, Jenkins, and Puppet
- Experience with systems such as syslog, Oxidized, Zabbix, and Tacacs
- Personally enjoy technical challenges and have ability to work independently or with team.
- Bachelors in technical field is preferred but not required
- Highly desired: CISCO CCNP or JUNIPER certifications or other relevant certifications.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree