|Title:||Senior Network Engineer|
|Job Location:||New York City, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Bonus Eligible|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Establised Well funded firm with great corporate culture. Report Directly to the CTO. They pvovide great benefits and pay for certifications.
Senior Network Engineer
Looking for an experienced IT generalist with proven experience in providing technical leadership for design, development, and maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software and a broad array of systems and applications for a Brokerage Firm. Must have extensive knowledge in cybersecurity best practices, disaster recovery and redundancy operations. A successful candidate will need to have strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware, demonstrate leadership abilities in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network devices as well as ability to work well in a team environment.
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, user issues and other network and system problems.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Manage patching, security hardening and management of vSphere/ESXI platforms.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
• Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using industry best practices.
• Proposes and analyzes solutions and efficiencies throughout the firm’s eco-system
• The candidate will work closely with business contacts and clients to successfully design and implement solutions.
• Must have a positive attitude, be forward thinking and work well with team members.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in the financial services industry preferably brokerage firm
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• The candidate must have excellent organizational and workload management skills and must excel in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Experience managing VMWare Environments
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary and availability to work during off-hours.
• Network security experience.
• LAN and WAN experience.
• Rotating non-standard hour’s production support is part of this role, including possible weekend work.
• Professional client-focused attitude at all times
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree