Senior Process Engineer
|Joplin, Missouri - United States
$105,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Process Engineer
Location: Joplin, MO
Compensation: $105k - $110K plus 10% bonus
A local and large North American manufacturer is seeking a Senior Process Engineer in their Joplin, MO plant.
The Sr. Process Engineer will provide technical leadership to the Joplin leadership to production value stream(s) with minimal direction/supervision from Department Manager, including continuous improvements in EHS, quality, productivity, troubleshooting, cost reduction, and operator engagement.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Monitors and improves product quality. Resolves quality issues and dispositions quarantined product. Researches assignable causes of customer complaints and works closely with customers to resolve and prevent quality issues. Regularly visits customers and coordinates operator visits to customers.
- Establishes and maintains standard operating conditions, procedures, and daily reporting requirements.
- Routinely audits operators’ standard work to ensure compliance and to identify opportunities.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical assistance to the rotogravure and rotogravure presses.
- Identifies and resolves daily production problems, engaging production personnel in corrective actions and coordinating with other functional areas throughout the facility
- Monitors and adjusts production schedules to optimize daily results.
- Identifies opportunities and determines process capabilities through the use of statistical methods. Establishes goals and continuous improvement action plans. Prioritizes activities within the value stream.
- Engages and assists operators daily by establishing and maintaining visual management tools.
- Plans and implements equipment repairs and improvements, coordinating major equipment downs with planning, maintenance and plant engineering. Enters maintenance work orders.
- Initiates and justifies capital projects.
- Prepares and presents technical training. Assesses operator skills attainment. Prioritizes training.
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering AND 5-7 years of experience in Extrusion Lamination.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, in order to work with customers, suppliers, and others at all levels throughout the organization.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of engineering concepts and practices, and a basic understanding of organic and polymer chemistry.
- Green Belt certification, equivalent Lean-Six Sigma/WCOM or other continuous improvement training, or a demonstrated ability to gain such certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of rotogravure and/or flexographic printing
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree