Senior Process Engineer
|Bessemer, Alabama - United States
contact recruiter for details
|plus 25% bonus that does pay out reliably
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great relocation benefits to near Northport/ Tuscaloosa/ Bessemer AL
The Sr Process Engineer reports directly to the Site Manger and works to further optimize a very profitable chemical manufacturer plant. Idea generation for process optimization will be highly valued and there is a capital budget to spend.
Why might this be a good career move?
- The company future is bright: They make a very high demand product used in a large variety of applications around the world. They are sold out for months ahead and truly value process optimization effort. There is great career stability.
- Professionally run organization: They are a small company with zero corporate “red tape” yet with a Sr Management Team that follows World Class Management practices.
- A family friendly work environment with a "work-to-live” philosophy and empowered employees. Since the hourly operators are empowered to solve problems, there are no engineering call-ins.
This may seem too-good-to-be-true, which is why we suggest interviewing to see for yourself - tour the site and meet the team! This truly is one of the best organizations that we recruit for.
As Sr Process Engineer you will function as the lead engineer onsite, responsible for day-to-day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, quality, and safe unit operations. You’ll also be the technical liaison to management and partner companies.
- Key contributor in troubleshooting efforts; provide hands-on engineering support
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering: Initiate, justify and manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Develop and improve plant operating procedures to address quality issues or for new installations.
- Occasional assistance with the DCS system and instrumentation upgrades.
- Participate on the Process Hazards Committee and lead the PHA process in compliance with OSHA PSM.
- Partner with the Environmental Engineer becoming familiar with Plant Environmental Affairs.
Applicant Background Request…
We are searching for chemical process engineer and “jack-of-all-trades” from a chemical manufacturing company. An engineering who can sell his/her ideas and ‘enjoys getting things done’ without having the distractions that comes from managing a staff.
- BS in Chemical Engineer (must be a ChE)
- 10 - 35 years industry experience in a Chemical Plant or related industry that operates under PSM regulations.
- Solid foundation and understanding of various ‘unit operations’ in a chemical manufacturing site
- Experience completing full projects from idea generation with cost justification through to start-up.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and Process safety Management (PSM)
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to influence team work in a flat organization.
- MUST BE authorized to work for any employer in the USA without current or future restrictions.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree