Senior Product Manager
|Sacramento, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Here are a few key things to note:
CA based role with partial remote work option
Role would step into a Manager of Product Management in the future w/ success
Full lifecycle Product Management role; juggling multiple projects in different stages (never boring!)
Desired knowledge of IVD, Infectious Diseases, or similar laboratory testing products (instrument, assay, reagent, etc) - or similar
Great culture; fun, upbeat, unique personalities,
Senior Product Manager
Greater Sacramento, CA Area
We have an immediate job opening for a Senior Product Manager for a business unit within one of the world’s largest diversified biotechnology testing, diagnostics, analytical sciences organizations. This business offers the best of both worlds; security and funding of a $4B global parent organization, but the individuality of a ~300+ employee business that nimbly creates innovative, cutting-edge products that are diagnosing diseases better than ever. The CA site has <100 employees, and is still managed by the original founders (15+ years).
Key things to note:
- Position reports to the VP of Product Development and with success/time, would be promoted into a Manager of Product Management position.
- Knowledge of Diagnostics, Test Kits, IVD, Infectious Diseases, Medical Devices, or similar laboratory testing products (instrument, assay, or reagent, etc) strongly desired
- We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who can work independently, juggle multiple projects at a time that are in different stages. This role is for someone who likes diversity in their work day, responsibility, independence and great business & team culture.
- Lifecycle product management role (heavier on front & back end; vision/concept, VOC, feasibility, market needs, strategy to key opinion loads, beta studies, KPIs, etc) - new technologies and products! Business has strong products and great traction; but is ramping up to do even more (new products, new markers for existing products, new markers for new products etc)
- Office based position/partial remote (in-person team meetings + remote work fine)
- Must have Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to work with cross functional teams; driving overall strategy and goals
- Enjoy research and identifying new products and technologies; with focus on commercialization
- Provide financial analysis to management that include product feasibility, total market size, business plans and sales forecast for new products
Identify competitor activities and develops action to address them
Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
Key message development and communication of product positioning and branding
Contribute to the development of global strategic launch plans and execution
- Attend conventions, sales meetings and training programs as needed
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree