This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Senior Project Manager - Construction|
|Job Location:||Burlington, Vermont - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
This employer is a well-established construction management company in Vermont that is offering a full relocation package to new hires. They offer a long list of strong benefits and a great work culture.
• Assist owners / VPs with review and execution of awarded contracts.
• Assign Project management, engineering, and supervisory teams upon award of all new projects
with support from General Superintendents and Market Managers.
• Administer the new job creation process (job numbers and software setup)
• Maintain a master project schedule to be used for staffing purposes.
• Coordinate with General Superintendents and labor & equipment dispatchers on general global
needs for projects
• Establish and implement project management standards with respect to project administration,
field coordination, cost management, client coordination, and document/data management
• Assist appointed PMs with project setup - budget development, material assignments, submittal
log, project schedules, etc.
• Support the subcontractor buyout process. Approve / sign all Subcontract Agreements
• Review and sign project change orders.
• Support Project Managers on key project correspondence (draft emails/letters, etc.)
• Attend and participate in project meetings where needed.
• Provide technical support to project teams (means & methods, material
procurement, submittals, schedules, etc.)
• Conduct routine visits to active project sites and support field operations where needed.
• Maintain metrics on all active projects - prepare schedule, cost, safety and quality reports.
• Review WIP schedule with PMs and Controller.
• Review T&M billing prior to submission to clients.
• Recruit / Hire new Project Managers, Project Engineers and other support staff as needed.
• Make recommendations on role changes where needed.
• Provide constructive feedback to employees on areas to improve & develop.
• Conduct employee reviews - recommend salary adjustments, promotions, etc.
• Manage office space assignments for all PM and PE staff.
• Assist staff with prioritizing of work tasks.
• Manage and maintain staff vacation schedules and handover process for absences.
• Coordinate directly reporting staff meetings as required.
• Other duties as required.
Required education, skills, experiences, and competencies:
• At least 3 year’s experience in a Project Manager role within the construction industry.
• At least 10 year’s experience in various roles within the construction industry.
• Field experience with self-performing heavy-civil contractor preferred.
• 4 year degree in engineering or management preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project. Experience with Primavera, B2W, Procore is a plus.