Senior Purchasing and Vendor Mgmt.
|Hickory, North Carolina - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company Paid Relocation
Base salary plus bonus
Plus excellent benefits package.
- Sustain and develop new VENDOR RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop short and long-term purchasing policies to ensure products conform to customer and quality standards
- Recommend policies and programs to provide the organization with a better competitive position and profitability
- Establish Inventory and Purchasing standards
Key Initial Measurements for this position:
- Consolidation of Vendors to Leverage Purchasing Power
- Review of Vendor Quality
- Development of Supplier Scorecards
- Development of KPI’s to measure such things as:
- Stock out rates
- Inventory turns
- Late PO’s
- Pricing variance
- Inventory accuracy
Client is actively hiring
- Must have a four-year degree
- A minimum of ten years’ domestic and international purchasing experience in support of manufacturing in a large organization.
- Supervisory experience of a team of at least four professionals
- International Purchasing experience must include both large vendors and small vendors
- Industry background must be Consumer Products
- Key to this position: must be an excellent, aggressive negotiator with both customers and vendors.
- Large ERP experience required
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing experience in a large consumer products company
- Broad Logistics background
- Change Management experience - products and process
- Advanced skills in Microsoft EXCEL
- Strong Leadership skills
- Management and Mentoring of employees in the Purchasing ream
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in WMS systems - and their relationship to Inventory Control
- Strong background of Inventory Control
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree