Senior Router Developer (Linux based)
|Austin, Texas - United States
$200,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity to lead research and develop cyberspace capabilities, prototyping, reverse engineering, and software development for networked and embedded systems in support of offensive and defensive Cyberspace Operations.
Clearance: TS/SCI required
Years of Experience: At least 10 -12 years of experience performing software development, software and system testing, and software integration. Information/Cyber security experience is desired.
Education Level: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Development or related Degree. Five or more years of additional direct and relevant experience can be substituted for Degree requirement
Seeking a Senior Developer with strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be unafraid of owning outcomes and will play a critical lead role in developing and analyzing Computer Network Operations (CNO), Computer Network Defense (CND), Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), and Computer Network Attack (CNA) solutions as part of a high performance multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Lead research and development of cyberspace capabilities, prototyping, reverse engineering, and software development for networked and embedded systems in support of offensive and defensive Cyberspace Operations
- Lead review, analysis, evaluation, and development of innovative cybersecurity solutions
- Identify technical gaps, develop a detailed technical solution with associated roadmap, evaluate maturity of solutions, create white papers, and present technical information to DoD customers and corporate executives.
- Identify, modify, enhance, and support the integration of non-commercial code bases used to upgrade existing client systems
- Develop software programs in a variety of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Assembly, Python, or others to satisfy client-provided requirements
- Often without source code or documentation, you may perform system analysis, reverse engineering and static, dynamic, and concolic analysis on Windows, Android, or UNIX-based platforms
- Provide direction and guidance on the technical design and implementation. Assist with and/or coordinate the activities of other software developers to meet over-arching client program requirements
- Apply Agile software development methodology to ensure projects are completed on time and addresses all client requirements
- You will participate in formal, professional customer presentations and proposals as a technical subject matter expert. You may lead R&D efforts or development teams within larger projects
- Experience developing software against pre-determined and fluid requirements using a wide range of software languages including:
- Operational and Developmental Experience with Linux-based as well as Proprietary OS Commercial Routers (MUST)
- Unpacking/Packing Firmware
- Debugging Hardware and Firmware
- Modifying Firmware for Re-Purpose
- Minimum x86/x64-based architecture others a plus
- C and C++
- Familiarity/experience with x86/x64 Assembly
- Experience developing software on the Linux operating system at the user and kernel level (kernel mode, user mode, drivers)
- Expert using Linux command line interfaces
- Experience with debugging/reverse engineering tools such as gdb, IDA Pro, Immunity, Radare, Binary Ninja, Ghidra undefinedOpens in New Window
- Ability to coordinate project status with highly technical stake holders, technical managers and government leaders
- Experience developing on multiple architectures such as PowerPC, x86, x86_64, MIPS, and ARM
- Reverse engineering, vulnerability analysis, exploit development, and related disciplines
- Experience developing on the Windows operating system at the user and/or kernel level
- Experience with using UART or JTAG
- Experience with using multi-meters to identify UART/JTAG pins
- Experience with tools such as: Chip Whisperer, Bus Pirate, JTAG device, and digital logic analyzers (Saleae)
- Familiarity/experience with MIPS Assembly
- Familiarity/experience with ARM Assembly
- Experience integrating software into existing, unrelated frameworks
- Tools such as Metasploit, Virtualization (VMWare/ESX, Virtual Box, Xen, in order of preference), and/or Containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with open source tools and technologies for creating continuous integration and continuous delivery (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, …)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional ability to become a trusted adviser to the customer.
- Previous experience with 24AF operational cyber mission
- Experience with the USAF Metsaponse tool
- Familiarity with DoD HBSS/ePO Server
- Familiarity with anti-virus suites and able to assess their effectiveness against threats
- Familiarity with GO Language, Rust, Ruby, Dalvik bytecode, C#, and/or Java
- Be familiar with information security principles such as software vulnerabilities, networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, 802.11, etc.), intrusion detection techniques, and malicious software behavior
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree