Senior SQL Server DBA
|Utica, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
ROCK SOLID company in Upstate NY
Terrific Manager and busy IT department
Great visibility for a Senior DBA to interact with senior management all the way up to Executives
NOTE: MUST BE US CITIZEN OR US PERMANENT RESIDENT TO BE CONSIDERED. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR AT THIS TIME.
PLEASE NO C2C OR 3RD PARTIES
Senior Database Administrator Needed in Utica, NY
THIS IS A PERMANENT FULL-TIME ROLE ON SITE AT THE UTICA, NY FACILITY
Responsible for maintaining corporate databases and creating/maintaining/enforcing policies and procedures related to data security, data storage, data transformation, and data movement.
Reponsible for SQL code review, database design and development, recommending and setting technical policy and procedure, completing programming, database, administrative tasks and assisting with business and technical analysis.
- Collaborate with IT teams to in order to advise on database architecture to meet industry best practices
- Meet with internal customers and developers to define database requirements for projects
- Perform the design, coding, and testing of technical database solutions using industry best practices
- Stay up to date on technological advances and new industry trends
- Assist in creation of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions such as dashboards and key performance charts and/or reports to meet stakeholder requirements
- Plan and implement database server instance maintenance and upgrade strategy
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance of all custom-developed databases
- Develop, maintain, and enforce data security policies
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Handle off-hours and on-call duties and responsibilities shared with other team members
- Assist in the technical administration of the department (especially related to data) to include code reviews, software architecture, technical policy and procedure, and dev ops
- Ensure efficiency of database operations, including query design, table layout, and database disk structuring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and six years of experience required; or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and two years of experience
- Strong background in SQL Server and relational database systems and best practices on architecture and security
- Strong internet research and problem-solving skills
- Superb communication skills with the ability to present to Senior Executives
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree