Senior SQL Server Developer / DBA
|Perth, Western Australia - Australia
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a Perth based, highly professional services organisation, specialising in Database Support and Consulting services. They are continuing to build and further develop services for the Australian, NZ and US markets. They are seeking a highly skilled, and experienced MS SQL Server Developer / Database Administrator to join their team. The role will be based in the Perth CBD office. This is a full-time role, but contractors will also be considered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and maintain the Microsoft SQL database environments
- Provide operational support of MS SQL Servers
- Deliver timely support, integrated with other relevant technical groups, for assigned projects, applications, incidents, problems, changes and releases
- Provide SQL tuning, backup and recovery, capacity planning, monitoring and alerting for system availability issues
- Produce high quality documentation
- Have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment when required.
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Have the ability to manage several priorities simultaneously. Be able to work unassisted and where requested out of normal hours to complete typical administrative tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What you’ll need:
- Eight (8) or more years database design and administration experience
- Possess MS SQL certifications, MCSA / MCSE and ITIL Foundations certifications
- Experience with the deployment, support and management of complex Microsoft SQL Server databases as well as high availability environments that include SQL clusters, Always on and AG’s.
- Experience in maintaining and supporting databases that underpin Enterprise environments
- Experience in the installation and management of SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services
- Undertake multiple concurrent changes to different applications that may use a variety of Microsoft based technologies
- Knowledge of Queuing Technologies such as the MSSQL Service Broker
- Experience in managing complex data migrations between disparate systems
- Experience in maintaining a Service Orientated Architecture including conceptualising data flows
- Experience in DevOps promotions and the use of automated or orchestrated release management tools and techniques.
- Deliver and Maintain C# and PowerShell code and understand multi-threaded applications
- Be able to monitor, maintain and develop the Corporate Data Layer, to provide data synchronisation services across an organisation