This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Senior Softeware Engineer, User Experience - Job Order 2862|
|Job Location:||Shrewsbury, New Jersey - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entreprenurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare. The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense. They have 225 scientists, engineers and analysts on staff, 260+ issued, licensed and pending patents. They have more than 125 PhD's on staff, 40+ collaborations with universities, research organizations and vendors. Additionally they have 100+ on-going customer-funded research and technology programs.
Lead the design and implementation of custom software for visualizing radio spectrum data and other scientific data. GUI is to be supported on major Web Browsers, while the application will run on Linux servers.
Advise on use of third-party products required for development and deployment of the web GUI. Contribute to system documentation. Support integration and testing.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
• Experience in data visualization with D3.js
• Familiarity with app building and automation tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Rollup, Webpack
• Expert level software engineering background (advanced degree, or 5+ years of experience in the field)
• Experience with one or more modern web framework: Bootstrap, Angular 5+, React, etc.
• Experience with one or more wireframing tools
• Ability to design the user experience (workflow and visual design) for a technical/scientific application in close coordination with tech team leadership
• Strong proficiency in server languages: Java, Python, bash
• Comfortable with Eclipse, Git, Windows and Linux, nginx or Apache
• Ability to write GUI documentation, training material, and perform training
• Comfort working with fast-paced, small team, with lots of talent... and opinions
• Experience in real-time web app using Websocket
• Experience in API/data mocking tools such as Swagger
• Experience with one or more slippy map toolkit: Google Maps, CesiumJS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc.
• Familiarity with other server technologies: Tomcat, RabbitMQ
• Familiarity with one or more database/datastore technologies: MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop
• Experience in participating in customer focus sessions for GUI feedback (pre- and post-design)
Candidate must be willing and able to obtain a government security clearance at the secret level.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree