Senior Software Engineer (C, C++, Multi-threaded, .NET)
|Lake Forest, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The purpose of this position is to develop software for ophthalmic surgical instrumentation and has a focus on software components for hardware control (data acquisition, motion, I/O, communication, etc.) and data processing.
This is a fulltime role with comprehensive benefits and perks.
- This position works within a team of software engineers, to analyze software requirements and define detailed work items, to design and implement software that meets those requirements, and to unit-test the software modules.
- In the design phase, this position is responsible for proposing designs for software modules and interfaces, investigating different technical options, driving design decisions, and documentation.
- This position also participates actively in software architecture design, code review, software integration testing, and verification.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (HS +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Industrial experience is required in software development using C/C++ in multi-threaded applications.
- Proficiency in software development tools, such as IDEs (e.g. Visual Studio) and source control (e.g. TFS or Git).
- Knowledge of software development best practices, (e.g. design patterns, test-driven design, code analysis, development processes, etc.)
Preferred Skill Sets/Experiences:
- Programming experience in .NET and C#
- Knowledge of RTOS
- Experience in software development for hardware interfacing (e.g. data acquisition, motion control, communication) and signal/image processing.
- Experience in developing software for medical devices (or in a similarly regulated environment).
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree