Senior Software Engineer
|San Diego, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, with a commitment to delivering superior gaming experiences. Their business division has locations in San Diego, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo. Everyone is committed to delivering an industry-leading, enhanced gaming experience built on imagination, creativity, and the team’s profound passion for gaming. Be a part of a company that thrives on the cutting edge of technology and join them in shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for their office based in San Diego, CA.
Let's talk, if:
- You are passionate about making distributed systems better and have an insatiable thirst to keep learning.
- You have deep expertise in system engineering and have successfully improved the performance of the software stack.
- You know how to troubleshoot complicated issues throughout the software stack.
- You have implemented rigorous best practices for measuring, understanding, predicting, and improving the performance of enterprise grade systems (even better if they happen to be Data oriented).
- You know how to build strong partnership with Architects to influence technology decisions.
- You have led a development community establishing and influencing quality engineering best practices across the development community.
- Requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, eCommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
- Performs a key role in the evolution of a high performance data platform and associated services, applying industry standard best practices and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the platform
- Plays a senior role in design, development and quality, working closely with engineering and quality teams.
- Works cross-functionally with Product and Operations teams to drive quality and including performance testing strategy and initiatives, define workflows and performance requirements. Develops test scripts and scenarios to meet these requirements.
- Participates in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, expert level of Java programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL).
- Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL programming (Oracle, Cassandra, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB or similar) including both relational database schema designs and schema-less systems.
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS services.
- Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
- Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to back-end.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development processes required.
- Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree