Senior Staff Auditor
|Cayce-West Columbia, South Carolina - United States
$65,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Staff Auditor
Under the leadership of the Audit Group Manager, the Senior Staff Auditor partakes in a variety of internal audit assignments and projects including compliance audits, financial audits, operational audits, contractor and vendor audits, internal financial investigations, process reviews, internal control validations and other requested projects.
Senior Staff Auditor - Tasks:
- Support the Audit Group Manager in ensuring that the corporation adheres to proper accounting and financial reporting practices including compliance with regulations as well company policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning audits including areas to be reviewed, risk assessments, assessing controls, and determining procedures to be performed. This will include performing process design reviews and substantive testing of controls.
- Lead and direct audit engagements including administering/monitoring audit plans during engagements, review of work assignments, and actively contributing in staff meetings.
- Employ automated analysis toolsets and perform data retrieval to support audit activities.
- Recognize opportunities for improvements in procedures and systems and offer solutions.
- Prepare written documents for auditees that abridge the findings of the audit of their respective areas. Discuss documents with respectively auditee in a judicious manner and assist in the development of action plans that will address each audit finding.
- Aptitude to identify key risks and controls within the Sarbanes Oxley framework, optimizing effective and efficient controls.
- Review the significance, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Review operations and programs to determine whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Partner with external auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the completion of the external audit.
- Support in ensuring that best practices discovered through the audit process have been implemented, where appropriate, throughout the company.
- Keep abreast of accounting, legal and regulatory issues relating to a variety of information technology, industry, financial, communication, human resources and other areas associated with corporate functions.
- Obey to the approved Internal Audit Department Policies and Procedures while continuing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal audit process.
- Pursue appropriate professional certifications based on skill set and department needs.
Senior Staff Auditor - Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline is required
- CPA, CFE, CAMS, CRCM, CISA or CIA preferred but not mandatory
- Approximately 8 or more years of relevant auditing related practice.
- Public accounting and/or banking experience preferred.
- Must interact well and be able to communicate efficiently with people at all levels of the organization including directors, general managers and officers.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree