Senior Tax Manager-International
|Bedford, Massachusetts - United States
$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|bonus potential of 15%
prefer a candidate with some connection to New England area
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global public company (approximately 1 billion in revenues) that is bringing the power of technological innovation to the consumer. Teamwork, not just tech work defines the Company. The business culture is lead by tech futurists and business leaders with big aspirations!
Senior Tax Manager – scope of this role will include: global tax planning, transfer pricing, income tax provision and financial statement disclosures, SOX compliance, coordination with external auditors and consultants, U.S. and international tax compliance and development of internal staff as required. Position will report to the Director of Tax.
- Assist with the development of global tax planning strategies, including analytical work and modeling related to mergers & acquisitions, valuations, effective tax rate calculations and internal forecasts.
- Work with internal cross functional teams and external tax advisors to document, prepare, implement and monitor transfer pricing policies and procedures.
- Work closely with finance, accounting, treasury, and other internal customers to ensure appropriate management of tax reporting and risk management for the company.
- Perform tax research and prepare memorandum on various aspects of U.S. and international tax matters.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of the Company’s quarterly and annual tax provisions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s federal, state, local and international tax returns by collecting, analyzing and/or formatting financial information for outside tax service providers.
- Assist in resolving tax audits and notices issued by tax authorities.
- Ensure internal control policies and documentation comply with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Develop new policies and process improvements related to the tax function.
- Act as a resource to other functional departments of the Company seeking tax advice.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance plus a CPA or Advanced degree in Taxation is required.
- 7 plus years of broad tax experience in both public accounting and private industry and/or equivalent in a corporate tax department of a publicly traded corporation; will consider a professional transitioning straight out of public accounting
- High degree of demonstrated technical competence in both international tax and accounting under ASC 740.
- Demonstrates the ability to be hands-on and the willingness to accept challenging projects in and outside of tax.
- Ability to communicate/present in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the Company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail.
- Experience with Corptax Provision software a plus.
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree