Shell Energy Senior Development Manager
|Melbourne, Victoria - Australia
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Shell Energy Australia are continuing to expand on their market leader position in the Australian energy sector and are partnering with Phillip Riley to appoint a senior Development Manager.
The role forms part of an experienced power development team responsible for the origination, development and acquisitions of large-scale greenfield and brownfield power generation projects and assets, including renewable (solar and wind) and firming assets (storage and gas generation), through to FID & construction stage. Melbourne or Brisbane based.
Development Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Support the identification of new power development opportunities for the business in line with our strategic direction including greenfield opportunities that will involve initial discussions and negotiation of property agreements with landowners;
- Progress renewable and firming energy sites from greenfield and early stage development to financial close;
- Lead all aspects of the development function including site selection, planning and obtaining necessary permit and approvals, liaison with relevant stakeholders, and contract negotiation;
- Engage with various external stakeholders throughout the project development phase;
- Oversee local community consultation and engagement; and
- Contract with and manage external development consultants and experts as required.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Proven experience as a project developer, including extensive experience with the early stage planning and development of renewable and/or firming energy projects;
- Knowledge and experience of site selection, environmental assessment and the permitting processes;
- Demonstrated stakeholder management capabilities, including the ability to be tactful and sensitive and ensure the appropriate tone, method and frequency of communication;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Engineering, finance, environmental, planning, etc);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A strong drive and ambition to lead multiple projects through the early stage project life cycle; and,
- The ability and willingness to travel to site regularly as required.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. At Shell they believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. They understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas they bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree