Software Development Manager
|Palo Alto, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Development Manager to be part of a global software company who are a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications. Customers are their focus and they work hard at providing the user friendly applications to medium to large enterprises.
Palo Alto, California based Permanent role!
They need a hands-on Software Development Manager with solid Java development/coding experience and excellent leadership abilities, to join their Reports Engineeing team. A few key points -
- Experience with Enterprise Web application is a must have (Not looking for ETL or data pipeline or Data science experience)
- Team management experience
- Candidates who have recently transitioned from Individual contributor to Management role (1-2 years of experience of management experience or 3-4 years of Technical Lead experience).
- Leading the Engineering team, you will contribute to the code base, lead a group of skilled developers, have great communication skills, a desire to own and improve enterprise software solutions, and manage customer escalations.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to deliver better solutions and determine release scope
- Attract, hire and maintain a team of talented engineers
- Be a mentor to the team
- Strong advocate for development process, and culture of continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain productive stakeholder relationships, keeping them informed throughout the development cycle
- Ensure projects are planned, estimated, scheduled and delivered on-time with high quality
- Minimum of 2-3 years of managing teams within a development organization
- Minimum 10 years experience with Java or C# (Java preferred)
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and communicate across organizational boundaries
- Passion for software development and customer satisfaction
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse teams within an organization
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Experience deploying mission-critical, 24x7 solutions in a SaaS environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Skills: Business intelligence or reporting experience is a huge plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree