|Title:||Software Engineer, Optical Instruments|
|Job Location:||Rochester, New York - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Growing Optical Instrument Company!
As a Software Engineer you are an integral member of a small software team responsible for delivering effective, quality solutions to support and improve our products, and serve the needs of our customers. To be effective in your role, you should possess:
• Drive to engage others and find better solutions.
• Passion for pragmatic application of software development methodologies and coding best practices.
• Comfort with, or willingness to grow into, planning and organizing software development projects.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions on various platforms.
• Actively participate in product development and across business units to deliver value added solutions to our customers and organization.
• Research and evaluate technologies and methodologies and apply them to address software quality and work flow challenges.
• Manage projects, priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
• Take initiative and be responsible for product bug and features support.
Core Qualifications include:
• Strong proficiency in two or more of the following: C++, Python and GUI development.
• Technical acumen and practical experience designing and developing software solutions.
• Highly motivated with the capability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Great communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
• Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline preferred; equivalent knowledge and demonstrated technical skill will also be considered.
• Knowledge of embedded Linux systems, TI DSP, and real time operation.
• Demonstrated experience working through the software development lifecycle.
• Proficiency and interest in debugging and troubleshooting hardware.
Local Candidates preferred - no relocation assistance provided
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree