Software Engineer, Photonics
|Rochester, New York - United States
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
You will be a key driver in programming and development for a world leader in optical instrumentation. Wide range of customers from top scientific research institutions to equipment manufacturers around the world. Great small company with a nice culture!
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for developing software utilizing C, C++ and Python.Must have software test knowledge and will be involved in the entire software life cycle, including software coding, integration, debugging, and full documentation.Target platforms range from PCs running Windows to embedded TI DSP’s.
- Provides engineering and engineering support as a software contributor to the Engineering Team.This position required a broad general knowledge of software engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Provides engineering and engineering support, research, evaluation and development for highly complex and technical test and measurement products.Work may encompass a wide range of sophisticated (cross-discipline) engineering problem resolutions.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers.
Local candidates preferred, no relocation assitance proivded
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 3 years of experience designing and developing complex software applications
- Strong working knowledge of the C++ and Python programming languages
- Application of the principles and techniques of computer engineering and mathematical analysis
- Proficiency in object-oriented design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Python programming language
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Subversion source control software
- Familiar with TI DSP/Microcontroller programming tools, including software emulators/debuggers
- Knowledge of IP Networking
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree