Software Integration Engineer
|Southfield, Michigan - United States
$95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Summary of the Software Integration Engineer:
A Software Integration Engineer is needed for a direct-hire position at one of our best long-term clients based in Michigan. This company is an industry leader in cutting-edge ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. For this position, you will be responsible for Embedded Software Integration Test Development and Execution for Safety Critical Applications. This is an opportunity to work on the most exciting technologies in the automotive industry, for a company with deep roots in the field. If you possess advanced functional knowledge of modern automotive electronic control circuits (ASICs, Transceivers, Communication Protocols – CAN, SPI, Ethernet) and a thorough knowledge of microprocessor/controllers and excellent software testing skills, a strong sense of Software Development Life Cycle Process activities and V-Cycle. then you are fit for this position.
Responsibilities of the Software Integration Engineer:
- Develop Software Integration Plan with specified methods and processes
- Integrate and Build Software Components for Realtime embedded system.
- Maintain the Integration Branch and Merge the software component in a GIT environment.
- Analyze Software Architecture Design in EA
- Develop Software Integration Test Specification with specified methods and processes
- Perform Test Execution for the Test Plan
- Develop Test Scripts using J-Scripts, perl & python
- Generate software resource utilization metrics
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned tasks
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to project lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Tools (a plus): DOORS Requirements Management, Logical Analyzer, Infineon Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), Enterprise Architect, Greenhills/IAR, Vector Davinci configurator, Eclipse, Tasking/GNU Compiler, iSYSTEM, WinIdea, Vector Canalyzer and PTC Source Integrity.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Five Years work experience in Embedded Software Development or Testing with good understanding of V-Cycle.
- C programming Skills
- Hands on Experience on Embedded Software Testing – Black Box and White Box Level
- Working Experience on Test Automation
- Knowledge of Linux Internals and BSP.
- Programming Languages: C, Java Script, Python, Perl and VB macro
- Knowledge of Autosar Architecture.
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.).
- Embedded software tools – Compilers, Debuggers.
- Working Experience on Automotive and control applications – CAN, SPI, Ethernet.
- Knowledge on Automotive Diagnostics Standards: ISO14229.
- Knowledge on Automotive SPICE Standard
- Experience on Automotive Testing Tools –Vector Canalyzer, Logical Analyzer, etc.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree