Software Product Manager – Web Applications
|New York City, New York - United States
$160,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Prefer local - may consider relo for outstanding candidate with ties to N.E.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a highly successful global financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for innovation. They are currently seeking a Sr Software Product Manager knowledgeable of the SDLC and Web applications.
This is not a people-management position - it is a process managment position. This person will act as an individual contributor working very closely with software development teams and coordinating projects as they move through the development life cycle. The person must have a deep knowledge of softare development processes, strong initiative and excellent organizational abilities. Should have good knowledge of Web systems in order to relate to client needs, to refine requirements, and define functional specifications.
This position offers
- A significant leadership role in a dynamic, well-functioning Web/UI/UX group with a premier global trading company
- Opportunity to have real impact on product development and to drive continuously improving, cutting edge products
- Advantages of existing cutting-edge trading technology
- Eligibility for outstanding financial rewards
- Working closely with software teams will coordinates the development of continuously improving, cutting edge products
- Maintain high level operational perspective of multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of the group.
- Synthesize feedback into actionable items to enhance existing functionality on trading platforms
- Define detailed functional specifications for new features based on existing UI/UX paradigms
- Assist with functional reviews and validation during the software development lifecycle
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects
- Work with product and engineering teams to develop deep understanding of client’s current services and infrastructure which support trading systems
- Requires Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Finance or Economics
- Strong employment stability
- 3-5 years of experience in software product delivery or product management
- Experience over-seeing Web software development projects through full development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of Web development processes design and implementation
- Preferred: some hands-on experience with software development of Web applications
- Highly organized and self-directed with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive and enthusiastic
- Highly desired: experience in the financial sector or familiarity with trading and financial products
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree