Software Project Leader
|Novi, Michigan - United States
$110,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A Software Project Leader is required to play a vital role in managing and supporting the application software development activities and software product development life cycle for production projects for one of our best client in Novi, MI. This client is a global company, highly ranked as a top employer in their field. They're on the verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems group, making this an ideal time to join. This role requires planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software and web projects and ensuring the successful completion of all software projects and also oversees the people performing work on the projects. If your experience matches with these criteria, then you could be a perfect match for this position.
Responsibilities of Software Project Leader:
Software Project Management
- Responsible for the Software Development for production projects
- Software release and content planning to support customer software deliveries for Electric Power Steering products
- Interfaces directly to the OEMs and third party vendors to negotiate schedules, deliverables, content, and costing for software releases and new feature implementation
- Assures quality of the software development process to meet ASPICE and ISO26262 standards on all change requests and software development plans
- Assurance of ISO 26262 functional safety work products including Hazard Metric Testing and DFMEA
- Establishment of system and software development processes for the region
- Integration of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing in the software/system release process
- Support production launch activities in the region
- Manages software development resources, tasks, and prioritization of personnel
- Identify and hire candidates to support customer projects
- Trained local team to develop SW application for safety critical systems
- Leveraging low cost countries to support local SW development
- Building local competency for the entire SW Development Life Cycle.
- Planning → Requirements → Design/Architecture → Implementation → Integration → Testing
- Employee development in EPS system/software engineering topics including advanced driver assist systems and autonomous vehicle development
Pursuit and Business Development
- Develop next generation projects to support R&D and business pursuit development
- Advance development of AUTOSAR and Cyber-Security in Electric Power Steering projects
- Driver Assist Features and Functions including Autonomous Driving and Traffic Jam Assist
- Over the Air Flashing (OTA) Specifications to support remote system updates
- Preparation of software application to demonstrate redundant steering systems to support introduction to support Highly Automated Vehicles (HAV)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent ? 5+ Years’ Experience in Embedded Software Development required
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Steering Systems or Automotive Safety Critical System preferred
Technical Competencies of Software Project Leader:
- Experience with Microsoft Project for Project/Resource Management and Planning
- Configuration and Requirements Management toolchains (PTC, Clearcase, Clearquest, DOORS, etc.)
- Software Development Life Cycle – V-Model, Agile, etc.
- Microcontroller Experience: Infineon Tricore, TI TMS 320, Freescale, or equivalent
- Communication Protocols Experience: CANalyzer, CANape, Matlab, etc.
- Vehicle Debug and analysis experience along with working knowledge of ASPICE and ISO26262 standards.
- Experience with Embedded C programming and/or Matlab Simulink
- Experience with AUTOSAR software development is preferred
- Experience with safety critical systems or ISO26262 is preferred
- Experience with automotive cyber security methodologies is preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree