Software Support Engineer - Diagnostics Software Services - 1285
|Akron, Ohio - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Software Support Engineer - Diagnostics Software Services - 1285 - OH
Relocation available – within OH only
Travel = up to 50% - company card, rental and/or mileage for personal vehicle, hotels, per-diem, etc. – the works
M-F schedule with weekend for emergencies only
NO REMOTE WORK – must be physically onsite
Customer laboratories will include biological sample material
The travel is just to state that this position does require travel to customer sites. At times the travel length can be a week but that would typically be from Monday – Friday. There are also times that travel may be required on a Sunday to allow for support early Monday morning or even tasks on the weekend. We typically do not have engineers travelling for an extended period of time (>14 days). Even travel more than 5 days is not typical but I would not rule this out.
This travel is also heavily dependent on the project load of the team. I expect that the candidate will be home every weekend and more than 50% of the time throughout the year. Our international travel also will mainly consist of Canada.
- The Software Support Engineer will be the support for other Support Engineers.
- This person will be reporting and working with the Sr. team in Akron, Ohio and will be responsible for supporting (customizing and configuration) the Diagnostics Software Services (DSS).
- The ideal candidate will have EXCELLENT customer facing skills, STRONG SQL programming experience, and knowledge of front-end programming (VB, VB6/VBA, Oracle, C#, and/or Crystal Reports).
- They will set up the genetic testing SW for newborns for the customers and do what the customer needs to manipulate data, update, exchange doc.
- Working on regulated product, cannot modify it, but we can configure it on customers request.
- Very SQL heavy, DB management, SQL configuration
- Infant screening - instrument, lab, software (30+ customers, 40+ team, support the americas)
- Within the software team - 2 line of products -- neonatal, (which is this position), pre-natal is smaller, but newer team.
- Pre-natal work with states and fed. gov.
- Configure the product, not heavy coding, most is configuration using the tools provided by our R&D
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting custom configurations request (customization within template/pre-determined parameters)
- 2+ years of HANDS-ON experience writing and executing SQL statements
- Experience with support using a case management system and troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience working with minimal supervisory guidance while managing deliverables
- Okay with up to 30% travel
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience supporting LIMS software
- VisualBasic VB6/VBA, Oracle, C# and/or Crystal
- Knowledge/education in the Life Sciences and/or Information technology disciplines
- Experience with software development lifecycles
- AS or Higher in Information Technology or Software Engineering