|Title:||Solution Architect - Maximo (contract or perm)|
|Job Location:||Berlin, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$110.00 - $110.00 - US Dollars - Hourly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
client will pay for weekly travel expenses
Great client of mine, feeding me lots of roles - I am usually the only external recruiter they have.
Pay is good - we receive 18% markup on the candidate's pay rate. So a $100/hr candidate would result in $18/hr profit. This is much better than a % of margin!!
Even though these are "contract roles", they are hired as W2 with my employer, so no payroll costs to us!
These roles usually get extended, or the employer can find additional engagements to keep them busy/engaged.
Our management consultant is seeking a Solution Architect – Electric Work and Asset Management (WAM) for an engagement that is scheduled to end in Q4, 2020.
This position is responsible for systems integration analysis and design of technical solutions for proposed and existing information technology projects. Ensures that IT solutions meet current and proposed architecture standards. Develops conceptual, preliminary and detailed cross-functional design solutions and determines the application and technology requirements. Develops the test methodology for the solution and actively participates in test plan development. Determines the non-functional requirements of the solution, including availability and scalability. Assists with all phases of an IT project including design, build, test and implementation.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires extensive knowledge of systems development methodologies and systems integration methodologies. The primary work site will be in Connecticut. On-site presence may be required at other company locations (most likely MA and NH) during the duration of the assignment.
Solution Architect Description and Duties
The Solution Architect (SA) will work closely with the lead Portfolio Architect, the lead Solution Architect on the program, the IT Lead, and the Project Manager of several projects to organize the development effort and deliver technical solutions that satisfy the projects business objectives. The SA ensures that IT solutions meet current and proposed Eversource architecture standards, develops conceptual, preliminary, and detailed cross-functional design solutions and determines the application and technology requirements. The designs are reviewed with the lead SA and other SA peers in the architecture group and presented to both the project steering committee and IT management at large. The SA collaborates with the Business Solutions Analyst (BSA) to determine the non-functional requirements of the solution, including availability and scalability. The SA assists with all phases of the track including design, build, test, and implementation.
This position will support the Electric Work and Asset Management project (WAM) which is underway, a continuation of the Gas Work and Asset Management project which is nearing completion. Based on the work load and project schedule, other project work may be assigned as well.
The WAM Project is a multi-year initiative which will allow us to better meet our customer needs and provide an enhanced user experience for our employees. The WAM application that has been selected is IBM Maximo, a system used by a majority of utilities companies to support a number of key activities, including Work and Asset Management. Maximo will provide both Work Management and Supply Chain functionality and will replace a number of existing legacy systems at Eversource. ClickSchedule is a scheduling application that will serve as a single and centralized system to schedule, optimize and dispatch the work to field crews. ClickMobile is a mobile application that supports real-time completion of all WAM field work on a mobile device and is an extension of the Click Schedule platform. Multiple legacy systems will be replaced by Click Schedule and Click Mobile, providing a single enterprise application to schedule and optimize the dispatching of work, provide real time updates, and make this information easy to access.
Primary Job Functions:
• Provides architectural leadership on the design and development of a solution for the enterprise.
• Drives the translation of the business client's complex business problems into the selected technology solutions by designing complete solutions that leverage various IT services components.
• Researches possible solutions and alternatives for implementation of the project technology applications, business process and technical problems, problems, performs an analysis of alternatives, and leads the recommendation to a solution.
• Coordinates and develops systems integration designs for the project, including high-level and detailed system, application and technology diagrams.
• Aligns the selected technology solutions with the technical architecture, operational processes and lifecycle processes.
• Ensures that the IT solution fits with the current and planned enterprise architecture and standards as well as IT strategies and IT product roadmaps.
• Creates solution architecture documentation and deliverables throughout the project lifecycle of the solutions.
• Ensures that the project infrastructure is supportable and can be transitioned smoothly into production support organizations.
• Works with 3rd party vendors to ensure that deliverables are completed on-time and under budget.
Additional job functions expected:
• Work with the Program team to complete Integration Architecture and Technical Requirement documents for services being designed and developed as part of this solution
• Collaborate with data architects, infrastructure architects, and other portfolio/program architects across the organization to ensure the proposed solution aligns closely with the portfolio/enterprise level architecture
• Be an IT liaison between various vendors and business staff for the project.
• Manage IT tasks that are being completed on a timely basis per project timeline. This may include tasks such as procuring and configuration of servers, attending Change Control management meetings, developing implementation plans, etc.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree