|Title:||Speech Language Pathologist / SLP|
|Job Location:||Lake Placid, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Speech Language Pathologist / SLP - Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Lake Placid
Monday - Friday Days
Full Time - 37.5 hrs per week
Direct Hire with full benefits
Direct hire (Perm) position with full benefits
Fantastic opportunity for Speech Language Pathologist at a Skilled Nursing in Lake Placid, NY. Be a part of a growing, patient-centered team.
About the Area
For a tiny village of only 2,500 people, during the summer, Lake Placid sure seems a lot bigger. Even when combined with the nearby town of Saranac Lake, the year-round population doesn't reach 10,000. But thanks to the stunning natural scenery of the Adirondacks, tourism in Lake Placid has been booming for over a century, unlike many of the quiet towns in the Adirondacks. You can't even talk about lake placid without talking about sports. This active lifestyle has been bread over the last 100 years. Lake placid was home to not one, but two Olympic games, the latest in 1980. Try bobsledding, downhill skiing, ice climbing, speed skating, ski jumping or just shopping in the town boutiques and warming in one of the many restaurants. Lake Placid isn't just a winter wonderland, It has the beautiful Adirondack State Park witch is larger than Yosemite or Yellowstone National Parks.
6 hour drive to Toronto
5 hour drive to New York City
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments, and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
University - Master's Degree