Sr Application Development Scientist-Textiles
|Pensacola, Florida - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Pensacola, Florida, Sun Fun Year Around, The Company is the Leader in it`s field
The Sr. Application Development Scientist requires the ability to imagine, create and develop new fiber solutions for the apparel and textiles industry. The position will interact with customers at a technical level and translate fundamental application needs into product solutions. Networking globally with various commercial, technical and manufacturing functions, this position will require customer interface, market analysis, idea generation, development, application testing and support of the commercialization process. The successful candidate will consistently demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit by thinking and working “outside the box.”
- Develop fiber, yarn, textile engineering solutions, dyeing and finishing processes, performance and sustainable chemistry which enables the expansion and launch of Acteev based fiber products.
- Drive fabric innovation at our customer and partners by developing unique fiber solutions via functional additives and finishes.
In addition to interacting with customers and translating unmet application needs, the Sr. Application Development Scientist has a variety of job responsibilities, including:
- Responsible for validation and acceptance of the companies fiber product offerings in customer applications and translating the wins globally, leveraging regional teams
- Initiate and develop new, improved fiber and fabric processing solutions according to market needs
- Facilitate product acceptance by recommending fabric construction changes and/or finishing to achieve required performance that meets testing requirements and standards.
- Plan and lead projects from concept to commercialization
- Responsible for material selection, data preparation, modeling data, customer presentations and customer trials
- Translate customer and market needs into product and application development design targets that ensure a clear value proposition for our offerings
- Reports to: Technology Director, Fibers
- Team Members (no direct reports): Product Technology Scientists, Technicians
- Development of fiber, yarn, textile engineering solutions, dyeing and finishing processes, performance and sustainable chemistry which enables the expansion and launch of Acteev based fiber products.
- The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in Polymer Science, Polymer and Color Chemistry, Textile Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline.
- Doctorate degrees are highly preferred.
- 10+ years industrial experience with dyeing and finishing fabrics, including synthetic blends, nylons, PET, and cellulosics
- Minimum of 5 years of direct textile research and development work in a commercial industry required
- Expert technical knowledge and experience with yarn spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, printing and finishing processes
- In-depth knowledge of applications and market trends associated with the apparel and textile industry
- Experience leading customer focused application innovation platforms and developing value stream maps
- Conceptualization, design, and development of new applications using first principles
- Validation of new materials and products in existing and new customer platforms
- Experience in delivering complex technical presentations to large groups, non-technical audiences, and executive management
- Experience utilizing Quality Functional Deployment and gated project management systems preferred
- Ability to communicate business priorities at the executive level
- Strong knowledge of textile testing methods and performance standards
- Must be a strategic and innovative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Minitab, and other systems)
University - Master's Degree