This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Sr Electrical Engineer
|Houston, Texas - United States
$115,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|bonuses, benefits and retirement plan
could be national or worldwide with ties in Houston TX
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This Sr Electrical Engineer job position requires PE and is a leader of a project team.
- Very reputable firm and great employees to work with and for.
- The job is in oil and gas downstream for work in petrochemical and refineries on the Gulf Coast. Time spent out of the office15%.
- Looking for candidates that present well, enjoy both the engineering and business development role. Ideally looking for 7 to max 20 years of experience.
- Great compensation package for a candidate with runway time. Location Houston TX. 9/80 schedule and flex time. Full benefits package and retirement plan.
- Must have a degree from an accredited univerisity. Master degree and or MBA a real plus
- Looking for a Sr Electrical Engineer for this FT job opportunity.
- Plan on working with this firm for 10 years at least.
- The job is working within the Oil and Gas and Chemical division of this engineering firm.
- As a subject matter expert and leader you will need a wide range of technical skills and project management experience.
- Experience with all or some of the following: power generation, electrical distribution equipment, oil refineries, petrochemical plants.
- Must have experience in design with total project management to include budget, schedule, work flow, scope and construction, onsite travel to project sites to answer questions and monitor progress. Must have strong technical skills, situational awareness and deep technical knowledge and be able to present and engage in group meetings both technical and the depth and breadth of projects.
- Will interact with upper management, vendors, clients and other engineers and designers.
- Experience in social engineering to bring the group together is a plus. Most projects are between $150 million and $500 million.
- Software skills and hands on experience in SKM/ETAP including load flow, motor starting, short circuit, arc flash studies, relay coordination, Milsoft I and Milsoft Distribution software. Other technical aspects, RCFA, Relay programming, relay testing, relaying protection and controls, SEL 351 A programming. Commissioned SEL/GE or other protective relays, switchgear, MCC’s, power transformers, PCR buildings.
- Must have basic knowledge of construction methods such as cable tray installation, cable pulling and testing.
- Must have experience in Class 1 Div 2 Group C ,D area.
- Looking for real and authentic leadership skills to lead a team of engineers and designers on given projects.
- Leadership focuses on detailed design projects. Provide guidance and instruction to others on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct and related experience. Master’s degree in electrical engineering a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer a plus and NCEES highly preferred. Excellent written and verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and a passion for problem solving and devising new approaches. Previous consulting experience a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree